Monday, April 7, 2008

Rocky Road

Rocky Road

Sumber & Gambar : Elisa


Ingredients:

12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (That's one pack of the Hershey's chocolate chips)

14oz sweetened condensed milk (I bought two small cans and had to use a measuring cup)

2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)

2 cups dry roasted peanuts (unsalted! the non-oily kind, okay...)

10.5 oz mini marshmallows (I bought a bag and used a measuring cup)

Method:

In a huge bowl, combine nuts and marshmallows to ensure they're evenly distributed.

Heat up condensed milk and butter in a pot, and then melt chocolate chips into it, stirring well. Once all chips are melted, take off the heat. Fold in nuts and marshmallow till well mixed.

Line a 9in by 13in pan with wax paper. Pour mixture into pan, spreading as evenly as you can. Chill minimum 2 hours until firm.(Meanwhile, you can lick the spoon.. tee hee!)

Remove from pan and peel off wax paper, cut into squares (I transferred mine into paper cups to make them look pretty ) and store in an airtight container @ room temperature.

Note:

If you have the patience and time, you can spoon them straight into paper cups before chilling them.

If you're dubious about your marshmallows, you can substitute with rice crispies for a crunchy, intead of chewy, treat.

This made about 48 of 1inch squares, 24 of which were 'edges', that I kept for self consumption.. tee hee! I am sure you'll get roughly 40-50 of them if you spoon them straight into paper cups (or if you trimmed off the edges not too widely).

The result was a creamy, not too sweet, crunchy but also chewy chocolate candy. If I were to make them again, I think I'll try to add a bit of cocoa powder to make the chocolate darker (I prefer it slightly bitter). And I think next time I'll also experiment with rice crispies or some other cereal (them chocolate balls, perhaps?).

No comments: